Hello everyone! Today I have a book blog award to do! The amazing Isabelle @NineTaleVixen nominated me, and thank you so much for thinking of me and nominating me for this award! I’m really looking forward to answering her questions so let us dive in!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE UNDERRATED BOOK/SERIES/CHARACTER?
The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake.
I love this book so so much and you’re all probably tired of me talking about it every 5 minutes but you know what? It’s okay, I’m not going to shut up and hopefully you’ll all be convinced to read it sooner rather than later. It’s a dark academia fantasy novel with a secret society that follows the 6 people who’ve been selected as a part of the next group of initiates. And here’s my reel that I always ask you o watch to get you to read it!
IF A CANDLE WAS DESIGNED JUST FOR YOU, WHAT WOULD IT SMELL LIKE?
I’m not sure! I have a lot of smells I really like, but I think I would like a softer smell probably which fils the room but doesn’t overwhelm me. Possibly something like vanilla or lavender which is nice and soothing and just helps me relax.
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN INSPIRED ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY TRY A HOBBY OR FOOD FROM A BOOK?
I don’t think so! I think I might have been more encouraged to bake from some books though when I read about some really fun things they bake, or read about how much they love to bake and how good the things they make taste.
WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE, WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP?
I don’t think I ever really had a dream job? I did want to own my own company though for a while so that.
HOW DO YOU TREAT YOURSELF TO CELEBRATE AN ACCOMPLISHMENT OR TO TURN AROUND A BAD DAY?
I usually just have some dessert. I have a BIG sweet tooth and just eating something which is filled with so much sugar and is very delicious just makes me happy. I also like to give me some time for myself to just relax when I’ve no had a good day and let myself breathe.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FORMAT TO READ IN (PRINT, EBOOK, AUDIOBOOK)?
I like all formats to be honest! recently, I’ve been listening to a lot of audiobooks since I find it easy to listen to them while doing other things and I read a lot of ebooks since I get ARCs in that format but I also enjoy reading physical books when I have the opportunity to!
DO YOU COLOR CODE (CALENDARS, FOLDERS FOR CLASSES, ETC.)? IF SO, SHARE WHAT COLORS CORRESPOND WITH WHICH TOPICS! IF NOT, DO YOU HAVE COLOR ASSOCIATIONS FOR CERTAIN TOPICS (E.G. MATH IS RED)?
I do love to colour code but my colour association changes each semester depending on the courses I am taking! I usually like to do warm colours like shades of orange, red or yellow for my major that is economics and do my other courses with blue or green.
I also like to highlight my books when I am reading on my phone, the scheme I sue there is:
Pink for any romantic scenes
Orange for friendship scenes
Yellow for quotes I loved
Green for world building
Blue for quotes I like
NAME A SONG THAT BRINGS BACK MEMORIES.
Most One Direction songs I would say! I used to really like them when I was 10-13 and my cousins and I would love to listen to them and sing along to them all day long.
NAME A BOOK THAT BRINGS BACK MEMORIES.
Percy Jackson! I love this series so much and I remember how much I loved them the first time I read them. I also associate this series with my cousins since my elder cousin convinced me and the cousin my age to read this series and then every time we would meet, we would talk about it and obsess about this series. Honestly, it was just such a big part of my childhood and looking back at reading it always makes me smile!
SERIF FONTS OR SAN SERIF FONTS?
I am definitely more a fan of serif fonts!
SHARE THREE POSTS (FROM ANY PLATFORM) THAT YOU’RE ESPECIALLY PROUD OF?
Ohh okay this is going to be so hard, so I’m going to do three posts from my blog and just not include my Instagram! (Which you should definitely check out tho!)
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m 18 years old and a sophomore at college where I’m studying Economics.
- I’m quite short, just 5’3”.
- My MBTI is ISTP-T.
- I speak two languages: English and Hindi. And I really want to learn spanish!
- I love to journal and have been trying to do I as regularly as possible this year!
- I love dark chocolate.
- My comfort shows are Haikyuu! and One Day At A Time.
- I hate the beach (so much sand getting everywhere and making me uncomfortable isn’t really my definition of fun)
- I’m a Virgo Sun, Capricorn moon and Aries rising.
- I have a younger brother!
- My favourite subject in school was Math.
Gauri @ABookandChai | Sahi @MyWorldOfBooks | Lia @AnOdeToFiction | Kat @LifeandOtherDisasters | Emily @FrappesandFiction | Karla @AnotherBookworm | Lay @BookshelfSoliloquies | Saima @StoriesWithSaima | Niharika @CloudedGalaxyReads | Amanda @BookishBrews | May @May’sBookVault
- If you could go back to when you first started blogging, what would you do differently?
- What book do you think would make a great movie/tv show?
- Is 3 stars a good or bad rating?
- What’s an unpopular bookish opinion you have?
- What’s your favourite trope?
- What’s a place you really want to visit?
- If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?
- What was the last book you read that made you cry?
- If you could read any book for the first time again, what would it be?
- Which elemental power would you want (air, water, earth or fire)?
- What is your current favourite and least favourite tv show?
And that is the post for today! What do you think of my answers? What would your answer be to the questions? Let me know in the comments below!